Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A Rant, A Tirade.....

I guess this has been building up but I am about to explode..... On so many different issues, on so many different levels.... This could be a long long rambling post, or it could end abruptly....

I go to pick up my daughter at school today.... and as I am walking towards her room I am watching for other people and I am making sure to give them room to walk by me.... I see this one woman.... she is to the right of me with plenty of room to keep walking in her direction.... but no, she wants to be on my side of the sidewalk..... and me, being me, when she VEERS into my walking path, I say excuse me and move over... Now what really pissed me off was her lack of acknowledgement that I was being courteous to her.... I felt like I should in the future do what my wife does.... screw other people, they can move themselves rather than me step out of the way.... Alas I know I won't do that... It is too ingrained in me to be courteous....

Social security... I have a inlaw getting $600 (at least, hasnt been finalized) a month for the rest of his life...... He work for a decade about a decade ago.... He got disabled by not taking care of himself when a spider bit him..... On the other hand my father work for 26 years in the military and if he collects Socal Security at age 62 he will only get $800 a month and would have to wait until 66 to get a whole 260 bucks more..... My mother hasn't earned enough credits to get socal security.... she needs 8 more credits..... and then it looks like she will get a whole 163 bucks a month if she retires at 62...... (although I think I read somewhere where she would get 400 bucks (equal to half of her spouse's amount).... still that would be just 400 bucks.... I guess the rule is get someone to show you as disabled and collect more earlier and longer......

Illegal immigration..... What really pisses me off is the Mexican governement.... They subsidize and train the illegals on how to cross the border illegally. We should stop sending any money aid to them until they make concrete steps to control the borders and keep their people in their own country.... Then we should catch and deport the illegals as they enter our country and continue to find and deport themas they move within our country.....

I have more.... I will update this later......

No comments: