Friday, November 11, 2005

Veteran's Day

I actually choke up often when I think of the Men and Women who have fought for our country. I think of those who survived, Some with scars on the outside, many with them hidden within.

I thank my Father for his service in Vietnam and 26 years in the Air Force.... I am thankful he returned home and is, and has always been a major part of my life.

Many whose loved ones served where not as lucky as I was. Their loved ones gave up their lives in defense of this Nation, and I honor them.

Thank you.

I was clicking through the blogs and I came across this one. DeskMerc, I know you are a Veteran. Is this you, and I would be honored if you would tell me the story of the picture, and of the service of the other man as well. If it isn't you I am still interested in the story of these men.

The picture stirs something within me, and leaves me humble.

No comments: