Wednesday, December 07, 2005

ah, sanity

The Supreme court ruled today that the government can seize a persons social security bennies to pay off old student loans.....


Retiring Justice Sandra Day O'Connor wrote the decision that went against a disabled man, James Lockhart, who had sued claiming he needed all of his $874 monthly check to pay for food and medication.
His government benefits had been cut by 15 percent to cover debts he incurred for college in the 1980s.



Strike this up as a win for the good guys.... later on in that article it states this loser owes $77k to the taxpayers for the loans he was given in the 1980's. I say find out if he has any assets and seize them too... Or do we all imagine he will live for another 48 years (131 bucks a month taken out of his check would take over 48 years to pay back the 77k he owes.)

I repaid my student loans in full and finished repaying them early. Our governement helped me, and I owed it to my fellow taxpaying Americans to repay them. People who do not repay their loans should have assets frozen and either confiscated or held until payment is tendered.

No comments: