Thursday, February 16, 2006

WHACKED MSM

It took Dick Cheney's hunting accident to get the MSM to admit to its true colors. One only needs to look to CNN's outrage over the VP going to FOX for his interview on the accident. They seem to think that they are some 'FOURTH BRANCH" of the United States government. Notice how Timmy rights this piece.There are well-worn systems in place for communicating with the media should something out-of-the-ordinary happen. Mainly, those systems are used for covering President Bush but should work equally well in covering Vice President Cheney. What should have happened? Well, as an advocate for the American public's right to know I would suggest that on Saturday night when White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card and Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove became aware of the vice president's involvement in an incident and informed the president they should also have informed White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan.At that point McClellan should have alerted the media.”

DeeDee Myers on MSNBC blog

David Gregory melted down while trying to pick a fight with Scoot McClellan.

Tue Feb 14 2006 08:54:18 ETNBCNEWS chief White House correspondent David Gregory warned President Bush's spokesman on Monday not to be a "jerk!"The heated exchange came during a press gathering at the White House.Gregory asked White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan about the Cheney hunting accident.'David, hold on, the cameras aren't on right now,' McClellan replied. 'You can do this later.''Don't accuse me of trying to pose to the cameras,' Gregory said, voice rising. 'Don't be a jerk to me personally when I'm asking you a serious question.''You don't have to yell,' McClellan said.'I will yell,'' said Gregory, pointing a finger at McCellan at his dais. 'If you want to use that podium to try to take shots at me personally, which I don't appreciate, then I will raise my voice, because that's wrong.''Calm down, Dave, calm down,' said McClellan.'I'll calm down when I feel like calming down,' Gregory said. 'You answer the question.''I have answered the question,' said McClellan, who had maintained that the vice president's office was in charge of getting the information out and worked with the ranch owner to do that. 'I'm sorry you're getting all riled up about.' 'I am riled up,' Gregory said, 'because you're not answering the question.'"


While I agree that FOX is a lot more conservative I will not agree that HUME would softball anything. I also agree that if Cheney were to go before any of those clamoring for his head they would attack him viciously and unapolegitcally. They hate him and they want his head. If Osama was in the same room as Cheney they would vilify Cheney more. The MSM is clearly a bunch of Bigoted, liberal anti America idiots who are to high on themselves to even be aware of how bad they act. Imagine Sean Hannity saying what Gumbel says here

It is time for a revolution in the MSM, time to clean house and return to actually reporting unbiased new..

No comments: