Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Building walls

Oh woe is me. Lovely neighbors are building walls... the guy two houses down built one about a year ago.... now his neighbor is building one... so the next neighbor (my direct neighbor) is building one also....

So it looks like I will be building one too... About $90 bucks a foot..... I say my wall will be a little over 200 feet.... With 40 ft being shared with my neighbor... so I'll just take half of that as what I will have to pay... so 180 to 185 ft times 90 bucks. $16,200 to $16,650 bucks for the wall. Well I have $8000 available for it, anyone have the other $8500? Eh, I'll have it paid off in 6 months... There goes my new computer!!!!

Commet here....
Dirk said...
Are you building a wall because your neighbors are building them?

Yes and no. You see we all moved in here when the tract was built in 97, perhaps early 98. Our Fences are the same ones when we moved in and they have all taken a beating from the Santa ana winds that hit this area. I have had to put up new sections a couple of times.

So now like I said above the wall is moving towards me, and on the 24th of this month my only adjacent neighbor (Well one on the side, then there is one behind me.) will be putting a wall in our dividing fence. so the question I have to ask do I just go half with that sect and keep repairing the rest of the fence or do I do what I planned on doing down the line?

I guess it is time to put the wall up.

If you care to help in the building of this wall I am willing to sell bricks of it to individuals. Email me and I will tell ya where to send it!!!! Any amount will do!!!

3 comments:

Dirk said...

Are you building a wall because your neighbors are building them?

Mary said...

You should contact your neighbors and see if you can get a better deal if you all use the same contractor.... and don't forget once the work is done, before you pay up, get a lien waiver (I'm going to email you one).... make sure they are licenced with the registrar of contractor's, don't pay up front... blah, blah, blah... Just lookin' out for you.

The guy that finished up my cabinents yesterday was dumbfounded about the lien waiver...lol...

Kirbside said...

thanks, yea I planned on getting the same guy to do it so I could barter for a better deal I'll be watching for the email!!!