Seems like a lot of people are trying to define conservatism. Robert Stacy McCain has been talking a lot about a recent discussion here and here. I really do not give a rats ass about much of the discussion... I agree with RSM that a lot of this is mere elitism.
To paraphrase Forest Gump. "I am not a smart man... But I know what conservatism is."
I think we need to push back against these elitists. I often tire of the threads in which I can tell people are looking for the most complex way of saying the most simple of concepts. Elitists write in such a way as to sneer at the masses who haven't read up on a certain person.
We need to remind ourselves that we must not exclude those who believe in conservatism because it is who they are, not what they read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment