Monday, April 20, 2009

...google latitude is dangerous.

A few months back I frinally got myself a cellphone.... Normally, if its new technology, I have it... Hell, I still have the first Sony walkman CD player.... I was cool like that!!! Yet, I stayed away from cellphones.... anyway, moving along, I got the Blackberry Storm... I then added Googles Latitude which can track where your cellphone is.... Then went on a trip to Florida without the wife... Get your head out of the gutter... If you read my blog then you know I took my two kids with me. Well, day 3 I let the cellphone go dead and the wife started freakin out because i didnt call her... OK, I admit it... I soooo enjoyed that moment. The last place it showed was a Hotel in florida city... She actually had my Mother call all the hotels to try and find us... They found the hotel we were last at, but we had checked out that morning...

Later that day we stopped at a wendy's at Fort Myers Beach. I plugged in the cellphone to charge it... After eating we returned to the car and I called home... No answer... So I called my parents... Mom filled me in on their investigation and how my wife was worried... I then called my wife again and she answered this time.... She also logged on to see where we were in real time. This is the moment I am so glad that my kids were with me...

"What are you doing at that house?"
"We are in the parking lot of a Wendy's"
"No, you are at a house, I can see you"
"No, remember when i told you it wouldn't be exact?"
"Why does it show you at a house?"
"Yecenia!! (wife's name) we are in the parking lot of a Wendy's"
"Whatever!" she says....


Now imagine if I didn't have my kids with me!!!

I just looked myself up online right now.... lol, it shows me at my nextdoors neighbors house!!!!! Woot!!! More trouble, the wife is away with the kids....

No comments: