Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What is Conservatism

Seems like a lot of people are trying to define conservatism.  Robert Stacy McCain has been talking a lot about a recent discussion  here and here.  I really do not give a rats ass about much of the discussion...  I agree with RSM that a lot of this is mere elitism.

To paraphrase Forest Gump. "I am not a smart man... But I know what conservatism is."

I think we need to push back against these elitists.  I often tire of the threads in which I can tell people are looking for the most complex way of saying the most simple of concepts.  Elitists write in such a way as to sneer at the masses who haven't read up on a certain person.

We need to remind ourselves that we must not exclude those who believe in conservatism because it is who they are, not what they read.

No comments: