Monday, May 04, 2009

Monday Morning Web surfing roundup....

First off I need to thank Smitty over at The Other McCain. He adds to me the rule 5 round-up this way....

Kirbside initiates a Rule 5 mystery. One only hopes the answer isn't too anticlimactic.
I know in terms of hit's, 100 in a day isnt much for many, It is the most this little blog has every gotten...  Now the trick is to keep them coming back for more...

Illegal immigrants deserve medical care for swine flu.  Gee thanks for the newsflash...  You are my hero...  I think I need to start a file of people who shouldn't be getting paid for what they do.  I work for a living, this guy is a joke.  Let's see, I have a deadline to meet, what should I write about?  Oh, Swineflu is big...  Illegal immigration is big (both in the news because of outbreak and mayday protests)  Lets combine them and through in Universal healthcare.  He then calls a few people and gets quotes like this...

"Swine flu knows no borders," notes Carmela Castellano-Garcia, chief executive of the California Primary Care Assn., an organization of roughly 700 clinics. "It pays no regard to income or immigration status."

So swineflu is just like the workers of the world...  They know no borders... 

Skelton goes on...
One can argue, as I have, that our borders should be protected and respected. People should come here the right way, legally. And, fortunately, the Obama administration has signaled its intent to crack down on employers who illegally hire undocumented workers.
Do we really want someone who's sneezing, coughing and exhibiting flu-like symptoms that are contagious to be trying to ride it out without seeing a doctor? Not if we're sane and attempting to contain an epidemic. Treating illegal immigrants -- or anyone else who's poor and uninsured -- is a practical imperative. Never mind the moral obligation.
All of this is just smokescreen and bullshit.
 
1. If someone is here in this country and needs care, help them.
2. Close the borders.
3. Jail the employers.
4. Deport the illegals.
 
There ya go, my 4 point plan to fix the problem of illegals and the swineflu.  Notice no special plan for the swineflu...  Number one covers it.  Now go ahead and tell me how we cant round up all the illegals....  I will then point you to entire towns of illegals.... 
 
Moving on...
 
On dealing with women...  RS McCain is currently in a heated discussion with some of the women of the Blogosphere  and writes a lengthy post on how to argue with women...
 
Sadly...  He gains no ground with the women in question...  One of them responds in the comments in regards to using the words "slut" and "whore"...
 
I think the terms, as you used them, are both gratuitously offensive and technically inaccurate. FWIW, my husband (a career Marine who's hardly a shrinking violet) agreed with me when I asked him what he thought. My Dad (career Naval officer) would not have been caught dead using those terms either.
Well, there you have it.  RS McCain should bow before such evidence...  Or not.  Sadly Cassandra continues the moral equivalence arguement....  While I have not read the whole back and forth, I did read Cassandra's post linked above...  As a true conservative I disagree 100%.
 
As a Society we have lost the value of shame.  I say call a slut a slut.  Now if your offended by that because men are not equally labeled I can live with that.  I say call them out as well, but do not lose the value of shame.  Problem is I think we have gone so far off the deep end that no one knows what shame is anymore... 
 
When someone promotes Whorism...  but calls it something else...  It is up to the rest of us to call it what it is...  Whorism.

No comments: